The Augusta County, VA school board banned the use of ChapStick in schools because of the fear that students will share their ChapStick and spread disease to other students. If the student gets a note from a doctor that the ChapStick is necessary then the Chap Stick, now your ChapStick is in the possession of the school nurse, could be only be applied by the school nurse not by the student.
Tracy, please see the post and the You Tube video below and then software for COMMENTS and rate the issue.
- Was the school board well intended or overreacting?
- Should the school board change the policy and allow students to use ChapStick?
- Is sharing ChapStick an issue at your school?
- What would you suggest the school board policy should be if sharing ChapStick is an issue?
- If you kiss your boyfriend or girlfriend wearing ChapStick can you get a disease?
- Do you think a school district should ban the use of ChapStick?
- Do you think this was a great opportunity for the student to how to speak out on a government policy issue at a school board meeting? Why or why not?
- Do you believe its O.K. to share your Lip Balm or Lib Stick?
Before you answer these questions you might want to consider reading this Article from the Huffington Post the You Tube video below.